Do you want to change your DNS servers in Windows? Maybe you have used some SmartDNS and want to remove the DNS settings? Or maybe you want to use a SmartDNS service and need to manually add some new DNS servers?
Or maybe you want to use OpenDNS servers or the Google DNS servers?
OpenDNS: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
GoogleDNS: 220.127.116.11 + 18.104.22.168
There are many options, but this is how to change the DNS servers in Windows!
Change DNS servers in Windows
- First visit the Control Panel in Windows.
- Click on Network and Internet and then you need to click the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the option for Change adapter settings.
- Now you need to select the connection you use to connect to the Internet. If this is a wireless connection, then right click the Wireless Network Connection and click Properties.
- Once there click the Networking tab. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click properties.
- Visit the tab for advanced and if you want to remove the DNS servers simply click for the DNS servers to be added automatically. If you want to manually add DNS servers add the DNS server addresses to the two fields for adding DNS servers.
- If you want to use Google DNS servers then you will need to add 22.214.171.124 and/or 126.96.36.199 for IPv4. For IPv6 you need to add 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Now it is time to save the settings and things should be working. Try surfing the net and have fun!
That should be it. Hope it will work for you! If you are looking for a SmartDNS service, why not read our article on PureVPN SmartDNS?