I have an Android phone and an Android tablet that I would love to use to watch the World Cup 2018 online. Is it possible? How can it be done? Which are the best ways to do it?
The FIFA World Cup will have its kick-off in a couple of hours, and people around the world are doing their final preparations. One of those activities is asking Google and other search engines “How can I watch the World Cup 2018 on my telephone?” That is a frequent question, and if you ask it a few minutes before the match you are interested in is about to start, you might be stressed as well. But, luckily there are easy ways to fix this, so read on!
Watch the World Cup on Android devices worldwide
Just like you can easily watch the FIFA World Cup on your computer, you can stream it on your Android device. The only thing making it different is that you will need an extra application on your Android device to be able to stream the event. I will only refer to real TV channels, and that is why you will need the streaming application of the TV channel I am about to mention!
The easiest way to stream the World Cup on Android devices
This might not be the best way (if you want to listen to English commentators), but it is the easiest one. The Hungarian Sports channel M4 will broadcast all the matches from the FIFA World Cup online. In order to watch their live streams, you will need a Hungarian IP address and the M4 application.
- Get a Hungarian IP address using the VPN services of ExpressVPN. Visit their website, sign up, download their VPN client, and connect to a server in Hungary. This is the hardest part (but still very easy)!
- Download the M4 application from APK Pure. You can download the application from here. Install the application (you will most likely have to accept packages from unknown sources), open the application, press the menu button and then “Élő adás.” You can now watch the live streams of all the World Cup 2018 matches on your Android device.
Make sure that you are connected to a server in Hungar y with ExpressVPN for this to work.
The UK way to stream the World Cup on Android devices
Maybe you would be happier streaming the World Cup 2018 on your phone or tablet listening to English speaking commentators. It is almost as easy as streaming it on Hungarian TV. The difference is that the event will be broadcasted by two different channels in England, meaning that you will need three different applications to stream the different matches.
- Get an English IP address using the VPN services of ExpressVPN. Visit the website, download the application, and connect to a server in the UK.
- Download the ITV Hub application and the BBC Media Player / BBC iPlayer application. You can download the ITV Hub application here, and the BBC Media Player application here. and the BBC iPlayer app from here. You will download these manually, and install them manually. Make sure to accept the installations, even though they are from what your Android device will call an unknown source.
- Now you open the applications and watch the live streams from ITV and/or BBC, depending on who is showing the match you are currently interested in.
In the picture above we are watching ITV on Android using the ITV Hub application and ExpressVPN.
You should now be ready to watch the FIFA World Cup 2018 on your Android phone or tablet, or on M4 in Hungary. If you have any trouble in the process, please write a comment, and we will do our uttermost to answer your question as soon as possible.