Are you eagerly awaiting the latest episodes of “The Winter King” on ITVX, but find yourself frustrated by geo-restrictions when trying to access the streaming service from outside the UK? Fear not, as there’s a solution that allows you to enjoy your favorite British TV shows from anywhere in the world.
“The Winter King” is a British television series based on the first book in “The Warlord Chronicles” written by Bernard Cornwell. It introduces readers to Derfel Cadarn, a warrior who serves as the narrator of the story. Set in the tumultuous period following the collapse of Roman rule in Britain, the novel follows Derfel’s journey as he becomes embroiled in the conflicts and power struggles of the time. Against the backdrop of Saxon invasions and political intrigue, Derfel becomes a loyal follower of Arthur, a warlord striving to unite the kingdoms of Britain and defend the realm against external threats.
The Question: How Can I Watch The Winter King on ITVX from Abroad?
For many international viewers, accessing ITVX to watch The Winter King and other popular British TV series poses a challenge due to geographic restrictions imposed by streaming platforms. Whether you’re traveling abroad, residing in another country, or simply craving a taste of British television, finding a reliable method to bypass these restrictions is essential.
The Answer: ExpressVPN
Fortunately, there’s a simple and effective solution: using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service like ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN is renowned for its ability to bypass geo-blocks and unlock streaming services like BBC iPlayer and ITVX in the UK, as well as numerous other platforms worldwide.
Click the button to visit the ExpressVPN website. If you use the link, you will get 3 months for free if you purchase a 12-month subscription.
Why Choose ExpressVPN?
- Advanced Encryption: ExpressVPN employs military-grade encryption to secure your internet connection, ensuring your online activities remain private and protected from prying eyes.
- Global Server Network: With servers strategically located in numerous countries around the world, ExpressVPN offers unparalleled access to geo-restricted content from virtually anywhere.
- High-Speed Connections: Enjoy buffer-free streaming and fast download speeds with ExpressVPN’s optimized network infrastructure, designed to deliver seamless streaming experiences.
- User-Friendly Interface: ExpressVPN’s intuitive apps make it easy to connect to the VPN server of your choice with just a few clicks, allowing you to unlock ITVX and start streaming The Winter King in no time.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Should you encounter any issues or have questions about using ExpressVPN, their dedicated customer support team is available around the clock to assist you.
- 30-Day Full Refund: It might feel scary to spend tens of dollars buying a subscription to a VPN services that you don’t know much about. There is no need to worry. ExpressVPN is a well-known and popular VPN, and to make it even safer, you can cancel your subscription anytime within the first thirty days and receive a full refund.
How to Stream The Winter King on ITVX with ExpressVPN
- Sign Up: Start by signing up for an ExpressVPN subscription plan. Choose a plan that suits your needs and budget, and complete the registration process. You will get a cheaper price per month if you purchase a 12-month plan, but if your only goal is to watch “The Winter King” within a few days, then a one-month subscription is engouh for you.
- Download and Install: Download the ExpressVPN app on your preferred device, whether it’s a computer, smartphone, tablet, or smart TV. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the app. You can install the application on all your devices and there is no need to worry, because you can use a single subscription on multiple devices simultaneously.
- Connect to a UK Server: Open the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server located in the UK. This will assign you a UK IP address, fooling ITVX into thinking you’re accessing the service from within the country. Not only will ITVX believe you are in the United Kingdom, but so will BBC iPlayer, Channel4, Netflix, and other streaming services. In other words, a million doors just opened up in front of you.
- Access ITVX: Once connected to the VPN server, visit the ITVX website or launch the ITVX app on your device. You should now have unrestricted access to stream The Winter King and other ITVX content from abroad.
You might need to register a user at the ITVX website before you can stream “The Winter King” and other content. This is completely free, but it is a requirement to watch movies and TV series at the streaming service.
Unlock the Best of British Television with ExpressVPN
By harnessing the power of ExpressVPN, you can transcend geographical barriers and immerse yourself in the captivating world of British television, including The Winter King on ITVX. Don’t let location limit your entertainment options – unleash the full potential of streaming services with ExpressVPN and enjoy seamless access to your favorite shows from anywhere in the world.
A few more words about “The Winter King.”
“The Warlord Chronicles” is a trilogy of historical fiction novels by Bernard Cornwell, set in Britain during the Dark Ages. The series reimagines the legend of King Arthur, presenting a gritty and realistic portrayal of the era. The first season that consists of 10 episodes is based on the first book in the series. If it becomes popular enough, then there might be more seasons based on the remaining books in the series. If that turns into a reality, be prepared for the following.
Enemy of God (1996): In the second installment, Derfel continues to narrate the saga of King Arthur as he faces internal dissent and external enemies. The novel delves deeper into Arthur’s quest for the Holy Grail, his conflicts with the Druids, and his complex relationships with figures such as Merlin and Lancelot. As Arthur’s kingdom teeters on the brink of collapse, Derfel finds himself torn between loyalty to his king and the desire for a peaceful resolution to the conflicts that plague Britain.
Excalibur (1997): The final book in “The Warlord Chronicles” brings Arthur’s story to its dramatic conclusion. As tensions escalate and betrayal threatens to tear the kingdom apart, Arthur and his loyal warriors confront their greatest challenges yet. The novel culminates in the legendary Battle of Camlann, where Arthur faces his ultimate destiny and the fate of Britain hangs in the balance.
What do you think? Would you like to see a second and a third season of “The Winter King?” Have you read the books? Is the story faithful to the books, or does it take fail to follow the book (in a negative book)? Why don’t you write a comment below and let me hear from you?
What have others said about “The Winter King?”
This novel adaptation is 10 hours of bloody warfare, pagan rites, horrible baddies and worse hair. Expect plenty of sex, violence, vengeance and the occasional bit of good acting.”The Guardian, https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/dec/21/the-winter-king-review-behold-the-medieval-nonsense-of-your-dreams-approacheth
What do you make of this quote? 10 hours of bloody warfare, pagan rites, horrible baddies, and worse hair… and plenty of sex? I guess this sounds like an ad for the series, because teenagers and young adults who read this description will run to their screens to check it out. But, I am not sure that the person who wrote this for The Guardian meant it as an ad.
The MGM+ series “The Winter King,” adapted from a trilogy of novels by English author Bernard Cornwell, derives much of its plot from Arthurian myth. But in practice, the drama acts more like earthbound historical fiction than fairy tale or fantasy.Variety.com, https://variety.com/2023/tv/tv-reviews/the-winter-king-review-1235699820/
To be honest, I like the fact that it feels more like a historical fiction than a fairy tale of fantasy. That makes me interested in learning more about the characters and the time in which the story takes place. Whenever I finish watching a TV series or a movie and I go to Wikipedia for more information, I feel like it had a positive effect on me, no matter if I liked it or not!