Lots of people use tablets and the most popular of them all is the iPad. The question for many is therefore if they can use the VPN service they are subscribing to on their iPads, and the answer is yes. In this little setup guide we will show you how you can use your HideMyAss subscription on your iPad.
To use a VPN connection on your iPad you need to follow these steps. Before going ahead you should login to your HideMyAss account (or create one if you still haven’t got one). Once you have logged in click the menu button named PPTP servers. Once this is done, follow these steps to setup HideMyAss on your iPad.
Setup HideMyAss on an iPad
- Click the settings button on your iPad
- Click general settings and VPN
- Click “add a new VPN connection”
- Click the PPTP menu and add the following information
- Description: Give it a name of your choice, f.ex: HideMyAss Holland
- Server: Find the IP of the server you want to connect to (can be found on the PPTP server list available once you are logged in to your account on the HideMyAss site). It should look something like this: 126.96.36.199 (do not copy this, because it will not work)
- Account: Type your username with which you are registered to HideMyAss
- RSA SecurID: Turn this option off (if it has been on)
- Password: This is not your normal HideMyAss password, but a special password which can be found on the PPTP page where you also find the IP address of the server you want to connect to.
- Encryption level: Auto
- Send all traffic: On
- Proxy: Off
- Press save and the connection is now setup and ready to use.
- Time to connect!!
Why is a VPN connection useful on an iPad?
Many people bring their tablet with them wherever they go, and as they find an open WiFi in a restaurant, cafe or hotel they connect and surf the Internet for free. What they often forget are the dangers connected to using open WiFi, as people can easily steal information and data you send in such a network. That is why many people use a VPN connection with the simple goal of protecting their data and information when they use their iPad, Tablet, Laptop or computer in open networks.
[stextbox id=”info”]These instructions are still working so use them if you want to. But, in October 2013 HideMyAss released a client which can be downloaded from the iStore making it even easier to use your iPad to connect to one of the many VPN servers available from HideMyAss. The program is free to use, all you need is a HideMyAss subscription.[/stextbox]
More articles on this subject:
– What is a VPN?