The Rugby World Cup is to be arranged in Japan in 2019 in the period between September 20th and November 2nd. How to watch the Rugby World Cup online? Who will broadcast the Rugby World Cup online? All the information you need to successfully stream all the Rugby World Cup matches online!
For the first time in history, the Rugby World Cup is arranged in a nation that isn’t counted as a “top” team in the general rugby world. Japan might not be a bad team, but they are not to be compared with the big rugby giants such as Ireland, England, Australia, and New Zealand.
But, if you want to stream the Rugby World Cup 2019 online, what to do?
There are quite a lot of TV channels that will broadcast the matches from the Rugby World Cup online for free, while other channels will require you to have a subscription to watch. In addition, the TV channels only have rights to broadcast the events in their given country, meaning that you will also need to use a VPN in order to get a local IP address in the country of a certain nation if you are residing somewhere else.
Keep on reading to find out the best ways to watch the Rugby World Cup online!
Rugby World Cup 2019 broadcasting rights
These are the channels with the broadcasting rights to the Rugby World Cup in 2019.
|Australia||Network Ten (free) / Fox Sports (pay)|
|New Zealand||TVNZ (free) – Spark (pay-tv)|
|United States||NBC Gold (pay-tv)|
|Canada||not yet known|
|Spain||not yet known|
|South America||ESPN (pay-tv)|
But, which is the best way to watch the Rugby World Cup online based on this information? It is, without a doubt, to watch the Rugby World Cup on ITV in England.
Watch the Rugby World Cup online on ITV abroad
The best way to watch the Rugby World Cup online in 2019 is by streaming it on ITV in England. But, if you try to access and to watch ITVPlayer in the UK abroad, you will only get all sorts of error messages telling you that the content can only be seen in England. So, what can you do about that?
The best way to watch ITV outside England is by using the VPN services of ExpressVPN. This is the best VPN provider for unblocking iTV, and you will even get 3 months for free if you purchase their 12-months package using the link above. They also have a 30-day full refund policy in case you should regret purchasing their services.
Once you have an ExpressVPN subscription ready, do as follows:
- Download the ExpressVPN application to your computer, mobile device.
- Install the application and run it.
- Connect to a server in England.
- In Windows/Mac:
- Open the ITVPlayer website, create a user for free (use a UK zip code during sign up).
- Find the live streams and watch the Rugby World Cup.
- On iOS systems (iPhone/iPad):
- Download the ITV Hub application from the Apple Store. If you cannot find it, follow these instructions.
- Create a free user and start watching.
- On Android systems:
- Download the ITV Hub application from Google Play Store. If you cannot find it, download it manually from here.
- Create a free ITV user and start watching afterward.
- It is important that you need to be connected to an ExpressVPN server in the UK for this to work.
Maybe you have a different VPN subscription or maybe you have read about a cheaper VPN somewhere. Feel free to try it, but ITV is blocking everything there is of VPN providers, and that is why we recommend ExpressVPN – simply because it works.
Rugby World Cup 2019 schedule
Are you wondering which teams will play when during the World Cup? Here you can find a full schedule for the Rugby World Cup, borrowed from watchworldcup.net.
Rugby World Cup September 20th
- Japan v Russia (Tokyo)
Rugby World Cup September 21st
- New Zealand v South Africa (Yokohama)
- France v Argentina (Tokyo)
- Australia v Fiji (Sapporo)
Rugby World Cup September 22nd
- Italy v Namibia (Osaka)
- England v Tonga (Sapporo)
- Ireland v Scotland (Yokohama)
Rugby World Cup September 23rd
- Wales v Georgia (Toyota)
Rugby World Cup September 24th
- Russia v Samoa (Kumagaya)
Rugby World Cup September 25th
- Fiji v Uruguay (Kamaishi)
Rugby World Cup September 26th
- Italy v Canada (Fukuoka)
- England v USA (Kobe)
Rugby World Cup September 28th
- Japan v Ireland (Shizuoka)
- Argentina v Tonga (Osaka)
- South Africa v Namibia (Toyota)
Rugby World Cup September 29th
- Georgia v Uruguay (Kumagaya)
- Australia v Wales (Tokyo)
Rugby World Cup September 30th
- Scotland v Samoa (Kobe)
Rugby World Cup October 2nd
- New Zealand v Canada (Oita)
- France v USA (Fukuoka)
Rugby World Cup October 3rd
- Georgia v Fiji (Osaka)
- Ireland v Russia (Kobe)
Rugby World Cup October 4th
- South Africa v Italy (Shizuoka)
Rugby World Cup October 5th
- Japan v Samoa (Toyota)
- England v Argentina (Tokyo)
- Australia v Uruguay (Oita)
Rugby World Cup October 6th
- New Zealand v Namibia (Tokyo)
- France v Tonga (Kumamoto)
Rugby World Cup October 8th
- South Africa v Canada (Kobe)
Rugby World Cup October 9th
- Scotland v Russia (Shizuoka)
- Wales v Fiji (Oita)
- Argentina v USA (Kumagaya)
Rugby World Cup October 11th
- Australia v Georgia (Shizuoka)
Rugby World Cup October 12th
- Ireland v Samoa (Fukuoka)
- New Zealand v Italy (Toyota)
- England v France (Yokohama)
Rugby World Cup October 13th
- Japan v Scotland (Yokohama)
- Namibia v Canada (Kamaishi)
- USA v Tonga (Osaka)
- Wales v Uruguay (Kumamoto)
The Rugby World Cup groups
Here you can see the groups for the Rugby World Cup in 2019
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
The venues for the Rugby World Cup
Lots of awesome venues will be used during the Rugby World Cup. Yokohama International Stadium, the venue for the FIFA World Cup final in 2002, will be used for the final of the tournament and it has a capacity for more than 70,000 people.
The venue for the opening match will be Tokyo Stadium with space for 50,000 people. The other venues that will be used during the Rugby World Cup are Shizuoka Stadium Ecopaa (50,000), Hanazono Rugby Stadium (30,000), Fukuoka Hakatanomori Stadium (22,500), City of Toyota Stadium (45,000), Kumamoto Stadium (32,000), Kobe Misaki Stadium (30,000), Kumagaya Rugby Stadium (24,000), and the Kamaishi Recovery Memorial Stadium (16,000).
Are you ready to stream the Rugby World Cup online?
We hope these instructions have helped you get ready to stream the Rugby World Cup online. If you need further help or have a comment that you want to share, write it down and we will do our best to help you out!
Also, which nation do you cheer for? And which nation do you believe will win? Can Japan surprise and get help from the local audience to do better than they have in earlier rugby tournaments? Or will the big favorites like England, Ireland and New Zealand win again? New Zealand won the rugby world cup in 2015 after beating Australia in the final, while New Zealand won the Rugby World Cup in 2011 after beating France in the final. It was in 2007 that South Africa won the tournament, and then it was after beating England in the final.
So, which nation will win this time? I would love to hear your thoughts and guesses!